Land Rights and Responsibilities Protocols
We are publishing a series of protocols around the Scottish Government's Land Rights and Responsibilities Statement.
Setting out practical advice on how landowners, land managers and communities can work together to make better – and fairer – decisions about land use, the protocols are intended to be used by everyone to improve the transparency, accountability and governance of our land.
The protocols are:
- Community Engagement in Decisions Relating to Land
- Transparency of Ownership and Land Use Decision-Making
- Land Ownership by Charities
- Land Ownership by Private Trusts
Further protocols are planned, covering topics including stewardship, diversification of ownership and negotiating transfer of land to communities.
Webinar Series: Putting into Practice Land Rights and Responsibilities
Come and join us to learn more about our new Land Rights and Responsibilities protocols in this four-part webinar series. Hosted by our Good Practice team, these hour-long webinars will introduce the key messages and practical expectations of each protocol. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the wider support and advice we offer. The webinars will be taking place over the summer:
- Community Engagement and Transparency in Ownership and Land Use - Tuesday 21 July, 2-3pm
- Land Ownership by Private Trusts/Charities - Tuesday 18 August, 2-3pm
- Diversification of Ownership and Tenure and Negotiating Transfer of Land to Communities - Tuesday 25 August, 2-3pm
- Good Stewardship of Land - Tuesday 1 September, 2-3pm
We are always keen to hear about positive examples of good working relationships and welcome information about successful collaboration that can inform case studies to help others. Get in touch with our Good Practice Team to share your stories or to find out more on how you can improve your practices.